Friday 30 March 2012

I can post this now!

My sister has had her birthday so I can show you this now.

I've made some shopping bags that are fully lined and I'm very proud of them.  I had originally bought the material to make a shopping bag for my sister and ended up having enough to make 3 of them.

I'm so proud of one of my first efforts at sewing and I will admit that it was making the first one of these that my good old trusty Janome sewing machine died.



The outside was made in a pretty bright, happy sort of material and then I lined it in green gingham which I had intended to make some baby clothes for Little Miss R.  Obviously THAT didn't happen!


The bags are so easy to make and I sewed extra bits around them to give them some more structure.

So I'm very happy with my 'homemade' gift for my sister and added with some of the art supplies I gave her for her birthday I hope that she enjoyed her present.

No comments: