Tuesday 27 March 2012

Lets go for a drive

My Uncle called me just before lunch yesterday and said to me "I'm bored, lets go for a drive."

He didn't need to ask me twice.  I didn't have any pressing plans, just unpicking my latest sewing disaster and avoiding the housework, so Master M and I got ready and off we went on a surprise drive.


It was a beautiful day and we ended up down at Toorbul on the banks of Pumicestone Passage.  I haven't been there for YEARS and luckily for us the tide was in because otherwise you look at pretty smelly mud flats when it's out. 

Master M loved seeing the pelicans and the view across to
Bribie Island was lovely too.

After that we headed around to Donnybrook which is a little further north along the passage.


We grabbed some lunch and had a picnic in the park next to the water so Master M could have a play.

It was a lovely couple of hours out to two coastal towns that are NOT on the tourist trail.

Then it was back home to pick Little Miss R up from school.

What a perfect afternoon.

xx Susan

No comments: