Sunday 22 April 2012

Some hooky business

It's no secret that I've struggled this week with the kids. I've been pretty exhausted and on a number of occasions found myself sitting at my sewing machine staring at it.  I have no idea how long I'd been there for but I'd just zone out.  My brain's method of trying to cope obviously.

As much as I wanted to do some sort of crafty stuff, I couldn't work out what I wanted to start on.  I wasn't interested in finishing anything I already had on the go and if you want the truth, all I wanted to do was crochet.



I wanted to do something with wool and not cotton like the bedspread I'm in the middle of making so I searched my stash and then got some inspiration online and found the perfect project here.

It's a chunky crochet basket and I thought it would be good to keep a small embroidery project in while I'm working on it, or just some sewing supplies...or anything really.  I just wanted to make it!

I joined 3 8 ply strands together (two black and one orange/pink mix) and started.  It was so therapeutic sitting on my outside lounge while Master M was riding his scooter up and down the drive or digging in the dirt.  I got so much done, just going round and round and round.  I didn't have to think, except to count some stitches and was able to start to recharge my batteries.


I ran out of one ball of black wool part way through so added in a strand of grey which changed the final effect slightly but I still like the look of it.


I decided that I'd had so much fun making this basket that I really wanted to make another one but in different colours.  I also wanted to make a more oval shaped one rather than round so I made up a pattern and off I went....


This is it so far.  I'm really loving it although it does need a bit more tweaking until I'm really happy with it.  I'll just keep working on it.

There's nothing like crochet to help get you feeling better.  The fact that Master M had a sleepover at Nan and Poppy's on Friday night and Little Miss R had one Saturday night has helped as well.  Then Lovely Hubby will be home late this afternoon and that's really perked me up and made me feel like I can handle things.  Yay!

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

xx Susan

No comments: