Monday 7 May 2012

Day 2 of the May long weekend

It was another gorgeous day here after quite a cool night. Looks like I might have to find the doona for tonight as Winter's on the way.

I had decided that we'd do homey things today, mainly because I was awake in the early hours of the morning watching the FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Liverpool.    As I was feeling a bit tired, home seemed like a good place to stay.

Baking seemed a great option as the kidlettes have been asking to bake with me for awhile and I really wanted some homemade goodies in the pantry and freezer.



Anzac biscuits were first on the agenda as they're easy to make and we all love them.  The kidlettes also wanted cupcakes, mainly because Little Miss R wanted to try out her decorating set which her Granddad had given her last birthday.

They were adamant which colours they wanted to decorate the cakes with.
PINK....BLUE....YELLOW!


The cake decorating set had lots of little squeezy things as well as about 5 different nozzles.  It also had the contraption below which squeezes out two different colours which excited the kids no end.

They both had a go although it took a while to get through to Master M that you held the tube ABOVE the cake and you didn't stab the cake a number of times with the nozzle.


We had some very colourful cakes.

It also reminded me just how much my blood pressure goes up when cooking with my two.  They loved it though and I'm still trying to get the decorating set cleaned out.  Give me a nozzle shoved in the end of a freezer bag anyday.  Much easier, less waste and you just throw the bag in the bin!

I hope you're all having a great weekend too.

xx Susan

No comments: