Saturday 12 May 2012

This week's grocery update..among other things

I knew that I'd be pushing my $80 benchmarch this week as I had a few bulk things to buy but I did come in under budget.....just.

I spent $79.29 all up so fell 71 cents short of my budget so that's really managing it well.

Next week will probably go close to the $80 as well because we're going away for a few days later in the week and will be taking plenty of food with us.

Hubby's not coming home to us but we're going up closer to him for the weekend and staying with friends of his from work who live in a tiny coastal town in the middle of nowhere.  It's near the ocean and the mouth of a river and is known not only for it's fishing but for a place where you can get plenty of mud crabs so we're looking forward to going.



I've been baking and getting things organised for going but I know I'll have to replenish the stocks before we go.  The tangy lemon slice (pictured below) will definately have to be made again. 

It's the first time I've tried it and Little Miss R and I absolutely LOVE it.  It has no chocolate in it so Master M won't go near it of course.



Tomorrow is Mother's Day for us here in Australia so it's family day for us even though Lovely Hubby's not home.  We're having a barbeque breakfast at the bike park which we love going to and it's a double celebration because it's also my Uncle's birthday so we're all looking forward to spending some lovely time together.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

xx Susan


No comments: