Monday 4 June 2012

Grocery update and cotton bedspread

I know I haven't been very forthcoming with the grocery update over the last couple of weeks but I'll just say that I've been making it in under my $80 budget...just.

Perhaps I do tell a small fib because the week after our trip to St Lawrence, we added an extra $10 to that week's budget.  The main reason was because our big freezer gave up the ghost while we were away so we came home to lots of defrosted foods, meat, and pre-prepared meals.  We won't mention the lemon juice blocks I had stored in bags which then melted all through the freezer!  Not good.

So I am sticking to my budget still although since the freezer breakdown I've had to be a little craftier with things.

Onto other things.

I have promised to show you progress on my cotton bedspread.


I stil haven't quite joined all the hexagons I've completed yet but I'll get there.  The photos will give you a bit of an idea of what it looks like anyway.


The joins are quite interesting as I'm trying a number of different techniques to decide which are my favourite ways of sewing blankets together and which ways look better.  It's for my bed and not for anyone else's so I don't mind if a couple of joinings are raised and others are flat.  If I had the time and inclination I'd undo the ones I'm not happy with and re-sew them but that won't be happening any time this decade so I'll just be happy with it as is.

Hope you have all had a great weekend!  It was my Mother-in-law's 60th birthday so we partied on Saturday night (all the adults) then had a lunch time get-to-gether with all her grandkids present the next day.  It was a lovely, if busy weekend.

xx Susan


No comments: