Sunday 24 June 2012

The weekend as it was....sort of

Trust me....you are getting the happy moments.

Lots of fresh juice.  Yummmmmmmm.....

I squeezed about 40 oranges and mandarines in this tiny little juicer.  I'm now finding it difficult to move my right arm.

 

I also did a little more knitting while sitting at the computer looking up 'how to knit' websites.  I think I can now knit, purl, increase and decrease.  I have no idea what to do when stitches sort of fall off the top of the needle,  when I end up with 37 stitches when I should have 30 ???!*#%@!, or even how to follow a pattern.  I will soldier on when I can though and one day this will all seem a dream...... (I bloody well hope so anyway.)

I did get to enjoy a little time outdoors even though it was overcast, cold and rainy for most of the weekend.  Some of the garden is looking lovely, even if it is the neighbours and not mine.  Ah well, I can see this bit from my house and they can't so who really cares whose side of the fence it's on.

 

Some quick, easy and warm meals were on the menu.


With some rainy weather there has to be a little crochet too of course.

 

There have been some very, very good moments this weekend.....and some very, very not so good moments.  At least hubby is home tomorrow so it's not feeling so completely daunting right now.

I hope you all had a great weekend and the coming week will be good to you.

xx Susan


1 comment:

Samantha Caffee said...

I found this book VERY helpful when I started knitting a couple of years ago! Of course I spent an entire evening with a sharpie marking out every naughty word in the book, but it was soooo helpful. I think that it was the down to earth way that it is written that caused my breakthrough. I see that you can get it here for just a couple of $ plus shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-Bitch-The-Knitters-Handbook/dp/0761128182/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340668556&sr=1-5&keywords=A+knitters+handbook

Keep on knitting! Find an easy project and find a knitter to help you through it for a couple of hours. A hat with chunky yarn, a pair of seam up the back booties, or a dishcloth would all be good first projects. Just keep going! I was exactly where you are just two years ago!!