Tuesday 12 June 2012

A wet long weekend

My goodness, what a wet and windy weekend. You really wouldn't believe that we live on the Sunshine Coast and in the Sunshine State would you.

No matter though, I like the cold and the rain so it really was a nice snuggly weekend.  The kidlettes were quite good despite being housebound for most of the weekend and entertained themselves playing games, watching movies, building cubbies etc.

I kept myself entertained by snuggling up on my bed and indulging in my favourite passtime.



I've finished this baby wrap blanket which is so soft and lovely.  It was such a delight to make this one.

I've started another blanket, this time in one colour and using a shell pattern which is really effective and just lovely.  Sometimes the simple patterns can be the most effective.


While I was snuggled up on my bed hooking away, my little girl came in to snuggle up beside me.  She brought a couple of school books in so she could read and another one for Mum to read to her. 

It's the Secret Garden which I loved reading as a child and we both really love the movie.  She was so excited when she realised that I had the actual book so I've been reading a chapter or two a day to her.  We're both really loving the experience.

To continue on my completely crafty weekend, I made a scarf for a child and another of my kids messenger bags.  Little Miss R is going to a birthday party this coming weekend so I decided to make a couple of presents for the birthday girl.


The weekend is now over, the rain seems to have gone, and hubby heads back to work within the next hour so I probably won't be doing much crafty stuff for the rest of the week.

Housework is another thing though, especially as it was completely neglected over the weekend and with 4 people at home all the time.....well the place truly looks like a train wreck.

I don't feel as bad about the housework though knowing that I've had three whole days of pleasurable hooking and sewing.  It was soooooo worth it.

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and have a great week.

xx Susan

1 comment:

MarmaladeRose said...

Gosh, what a very crafty weekend, all delish! My house looks like a wet weekend all the time, lol.
Enjoyed my meander through those lovely quilts too. x