Tuesday 10 July 2012

No knead bread revolution

I have no idea where I've been but the whole No Knead Bread thing really passed by me.   I'd never heard of it until this week and I've now joined all the others raving about this delicious home made bread.

Throw a few ingredients in a bowl, cover with cling wrap and let sit for around 18 hours or so.

I won't give you quantities or methods for this bread as it's on so many blogs and websites.  Go here and here for a couple of good ones.

Wrap the bread up in a floured tea towel for another couple of hours.

Pop in a hot Dutch Oven and cook for about 45 minutes.

Let sit for 1 hour and you have the most delicious, rustic, crusty outside with a beautiful soft, chewy inside.

So easy, no kneading (obviously) and you can add whatever you want to it.  I'm thinking of some cinnamon and fruit for a fruit loaf or even herbs and parmesan to enjoy with a nice thick minestrone soup.  Yum!

xx Susan

P.S.  Thanks for the comments yesterday.  The cry worked wonders and I'm handling things a little better today.  I'm really looking forward to hubby getting home Wednesday arvo though.

No comments: