Friday 12 October 2012

Adjusting

The holidays have finished and it's back to school this week. That's meant one big change at least for us as Little Miss R started a different school. 
 
We're a lot more confident with this school for her education so fingers crossed all goes well.  The first week has been pretty good so far so we hope it continues to go well.
 


I've got a couple of gorgeous hippeastrum's growing in my front yard.  I always forget I have them as I don't look after them at all and the bulbs just sit there quietly for most of the year.  Come spring I'll drive into the yard one day and there they are in full bloom looking beautiful. 
 
It's always a pleasant surprise.  (Shows I'm not a gardener doesn't it!)
 
The deep red one is gorgeous but I think I love the pink and white stripey one that's nestled at the base of our bottle brush tree.
 
 


 
I've finally finished cleaning, washing and repacking all the camping gear.  The camper trailer is back in the shed and I'm trying to sort my house out now.  It's such a mess and I'm struggling to get into any kind of routine this week.
 
I'll just do what I can when I can and try not to let myself get stressed about it all.  Hubby's been gone all week too but will be home late this afternoon which I'm looking forward to.  I may just have to have a bit of 'me' time this weekend I think. 
 
I have been getting back into my crochet.  I've missed it so much and have a couple of projects I want to try.  I won't let myself start them until I've finished at least one or two of the other projects I have on the go right now.
 
Do you remember my scrap blanket?
 



 
I started this about 6 months ago with all my scrap pieces of coloured wool.  Then I added the white around them before starting to sew them up. That's when the project came to a screaming halt and it's been sitting in a bag for the last few months at least and not been touched.
 
I decided that I needed to finish it so each day this week I've been laying out each row on my bed and sewing them together.  I may only get half a square, or one square sewn together and sometimes it's only a few stitches that I get the chance to do.  Having it on my bed though means I can do little bits throughout the day and now it's really coming together.
 
I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the weekend (fingers crossed) so look for a ta-dah post next week.
 
On a completely different note, the kids wanted to do some baking after school on Thursday and I just wasn't up to it.  To stop the whinging and crying because I wouldn't let them do it  I quickly mixed up a small amount of icing (just using icing sugar and a little milk) then they got to choose the colours they wanted.




Once mixed it was time to decorate the biscuits.  We had flowers, faces and just plain messes but it was fun and they forgot all about doing some baking.
 
 

 
I hope you're all having a great week wherever you are too.
 
xx Susan

No comments: