Sunday 23 June 2013

A stitch or two

I've been creating a few more cozy things lately than I have over the past few months. It's been so lovely to be able to sit and stitch as the weather has been getting cooler.
 
I haven't made any more blankets although it looks like I might have a commission to make two of them  but have been working on some quicker projects like scarves and shawls.
 
The two below were a bit of an experiment with a fairly quick and really easy pattern.  My mum says she looks like a frilled neck lizard when she's wearing hers though!
 

 
In the next photo I made these into a more traditional style scarf using some lovely patterns.  I finished the cream one AGES ago but the burgundy one has only recently been completed. 
 
It's my school scarf because I used to do a few rows while waiting in the car to pick the kids up from school of an afternoon.
 


 
The last item I've completed lately is my most exciting because I actually knitted it rather than doing crochet.  It was quite fun to make and I really, really love it.
 

 
I've got a few more projects I'm working on as well but my next post will be about the Glasshouse Country Arts Trail.  My sister is a part of it and they had their first open studio's this weekend.
 
Aannsha, the lovely lady who does textile art is showing her pieces in my sister's studio and did a felting demonstration today.  It was so much fun so guess what I'm going to be trying tomorrow!
 
xx Susan

No comments: