Tuesday 4 March 2014

The week that was

Working on a new project...until a slight problem with the machine put all things on hold. I now have to wait a couple of weeks until my sewing machine is fixed before I can finish the multitudes of projects beginning to line up.


While waiting for my sewing machine to be fixed I'm working on a few smaller projects from recycled jeans.  Lots of fun!  


Last weeks' knit and natter with an industrious scrub turkey working away diligently beside us. 

I've mentioned before that Mary Cairncross is where my sister got married and the scrub turkey reminded me of an incident when in the middle of the ceremony one of them jumped up onto a table and sent the glasses flying!  Nothing says 'I do' like a heap of shattering glass....


Walking back to the car we spied these amazing purple berries/nuts/seeds.  Being completely botanically inapt I have no idea what they are and didn't give them a second though once we left.  They are a pretty spectacular colour though.


A special gift just for me (from myself no less)...


Although the end results were enjoyed by the rest of the family.


Daddy was home for the weekend so we had a slight problem.  I used to have two beaters on my hand held mixer.  Now I have one.  That means one beater and one bowl.  I have two children so guess who missed out.  (The kidlettes have taken on problem solving to work out how they can share with Daddy).


Problem solved:   I am only allowed to bake when Daddy is away at work.


Master M was very quiet which sends off alarm bells.


Cutting a box from the inside out is NOT  a good idea.  Yes he did cut himself but it was only the tiniest cut.  Anyone who knows my boy though will know how he doesn't cope with seeing his own blood very well, even it is the smallest amount.  He survived and I got my kitchen back to cook dinner.

Since I can't sew right now I've got a couple of other projects on the go.


It's more to do with tidying up than anything creative though.  I hope to show you more soon.

That's just a few things that have been going on around here this last week.  

It's Knit and natter again tomorrow although I really think we should find another name for it.  There's LOTS of nattering but rarely any knitting.  I crochet or sew.  My sister usually sketches or does something arty and on the rare occasion crochets. 

Knit and natter just flies off the tongue though but I'm sure we can come up with some other name which suits us and our varied talents a bit better.

xx Susan


No comments: