Friday 28 October 2016

A midweek jaunt

I've just had a really lovely and extremely rare night away midweek.

My sister has been staying at Marcoola this week and asked if I would like to join her on Wednesday night.

I was able to get my lovely Mum to pick up the kidlettes from school (well just one as Little Miss R decided to wake up that morning quite ill.  She bounced back very quickly around lunch time from a feverish, vomiting child to a hyperactive one in no time at all!).

Hubby was in charge that night (pizza for dinner) and had to get lunches and things for them the next morning which they all survived so I was able to have a night away.



There were no roads to get to the beach as well as a lovely pool which I didn't swim in.  Mainly because it was blowing a gale the afternoon I arrived and I also don't have any togs (swimmers).


I sat with my sister and chatted and enjoyed the view.  There was a great balcony (we were on the 5th floor) that was slightly protected from the blustery breeze so we ended up sitting inside chatting.

 We then headed off on a lovely afternoon ramble along the path running parallel to the beach and the sand dunes to blow the cobwebs away and just to get out and about.


The room I was in was quite spacious and had a seriously comfortable bed and pillows.  How often does THAT happen when you go away somewhere.


Dinner that night was takeaway from the resort bistro.  There were full kitchen facilities in the unit but we had no wish to cook.  

I can highly recommend the slow cooked lamb, olive, sundried tomato, haloumi, and pesto pizza.  It was divine and the sweet potato chips were pretty awesome too.


The next morning we were up early and I ventured down to the beach for a short meander.


The whole time I was there I kept thinking how much the kids would love it and I had to keep telling myself to enjoy my time.


Once I left the beach I wandered back along the path for a short way then up to our lovely rooms.




We had breakfast at a little cafe across the road which had possibly the best coffee I've ever had.  I can't remember the name of the cafe but it had something to do with Gecko's.  Possibly it was something as simple as The Gecko.  Awesome coffee anyway!!



The time seemed too short and then it was back home where I found that hubby held the fort easily without me and the kids were fine too.  Nothing fell to pieces just because I wasn't there for one night.  :)

I hope you're all having a lovely week.

xx Susan

No comments: